We know sugar cookies are a holiday staple but these simple brown sugar cookies will be a hit with the jolly old elf and pair exceptional well with the beer used to make them … a simple brown ale.
Adapted from Jennifer Meyering
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 12 minutes | Total Time: 27 minutes (Makes 2 Dozen)
3/4 cup unsalted butter softened
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
1 large egg yolk
1/3 cup brown ale beer
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup bread flour
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cornstarch
1/4 tsp cinnamon
– Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
– Prepare baking sheets by spraying with non-stick cooking spray or covering with parchment paper.
– Set aside.
– In a stand mixer, cream together the butter and brown sugar. Add egg yolk and vanilla and mix until just combined. Add beer and mix again until just combined.
– Add both flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and cornstarch and mix until just combined.
– Scoop out cookie dough by the rounded tablespoon full onto prepared cookie sheets.
– Bake at 325 for 12-14 minutes. Immediately remove cookies from cookie sheet after baking and allow to cool to room temperature